Tuesday, August 7

Warning: Slew of bad subheads below

Twosday: It was starting to rain by the time RunClub was supposed to convene today. Which was convenient because neither of me nor L were particularly in the mood to go out today. And even though I said to her that I wouldn't go to the gym, that decision stuck for about 5 mins. Strangely I veered towards the gym, a place I haven't seen in about two months, immediately after leaving The Office. I have been missing out on my favorite Tuesday body sculpt class in favor of RunClub so I didn't want to pass up this rare opportunity. To kill time before class, I treadmilled it, getting through nearly 2mi before class. Then a whole class of ab work and a particular focus on arms today. It wasn't enough. I ran a second time, putting up 3mi while watching a cooking show about French bistro food (steak au poivre with mushrooms, au gratin potatoes, and French onion soup... mmmmm) and then half a show on low-fat muffins (not as interested).

Week in review:
Wilting Wednesday, Torrid Thursday:
Having ignored the heat alert last Tuesday, decided to just take it easy.

Friday Footslog
- I'm going to count towards my mileage (not that I have a year-to-date count) my 7.8K walk home from work. I don't know what motivated me to do it; maybe I had already decided it was too hot to run. Besides I had nothing else planned heading into the long weekend. It took two hours and change because I stopped in a few stores along the way (mostly for an A/C break, not because I was actually interested in any of the wares).

Saturday Sloth - Good intentions to go in the morning, bad execution. No go. But had a really nice Chinese lunch with Yumke, then had a 3-hour nap before getting up to go eat with my parents.

Bourne to run Sunday
- Managed to convince myself to squeeze in a 5K between a matinee showing of The Bourne Ultimatum and making a big pot of spaghetti bolognese for KidSis who was sleeping over.

Manic Monday
- Public holiday here. I repeated what I did Saturday. Which is to say I did nothing requiring running shoes. There was nothing manic about Monday, to be honest. But there were waffles.



1 comment:

yumke said...

Hehe.. that was good.. (subheads, that is)