Wow, I feel brand new again.
The day after the half marathon, I had a little bit of trouble with stairs but was otherwise feeling pretty good. By Tuesday morning, I was not longer walking gingerly and was bounding up and down stairs. I had a massage on Tuesday afternoon and my RMT told me that my shoulders felt like sand. They should feel like rubber bands, apparently. RMT also said it didn't look like I was developing carpal tunnel as I feared -- but more like I had a weak muscle somewhere in my shoulder and months of bad posture in front of too many computer screens at work (6 monitors plus 1 tv! it's ridiculous). Legs were worked on as well, of course.
I found spring in my legs again. I went with my sister on an early evening run tonight. Forty minutes, covering just shy of 5K. I had a little trouble getting started, even though my legs felt fine. I think it was the bowl of cereal that I had as a snack before the run that was weighing on me. But my goodness, my sister is a new woman. She set the pace most of the way and even made me run faster to make sure we got through stoplights! And she made it up the 1K slope without stopping. Or complaining. I'm wowed.
We stretched a bit on her living room floor. And then she said she had tried to comment on my last post but blogspot was giving her grief. The gist of her note: she thinks maybe, just maybe, and in no way is she promising anything, that maybe after this month's 10K, she could consider moving up to a half marathon.
Double wowed.
1 comment:
Woo hoo, another half marathon!
Post a Comment