I looked back on this blog to see where I was a year ago. It was a pretty introspective post back then. I talked a lot about the running-as-lifestyle a year and a day ago but I'm not sure I've really lived up to this mantra. I haven't kept much of a regular running routine, nor have I replaced the no-running with another activity. I've lived a pretty sedantary year compared to last year I think. Yesterday I self-tested my blood with the finger-prick, something I'm supposed to do daily, for the first time in about 2-1/2 months. The reading was a bit on the high side; though I shouldn't be surprised since I haven't been as careful with my diet in recent months. And I also only intermittently "remember" to take my diabetes drugs, the one that's been in the news as of late. I should get those replaced, see my doctor, reintroduce myself to my health log. It's my birthday, I can cry if I want to.
But enough of the pity party.
Step One is recognition. And now it's time to kick myself in the butt. So I went for a belated birthday run this afternoon, a decent 6K effort. It's wrong that it's mid-November and I went sleeveless.
2 comments:
Happy bday again! So... we have a race yet?
Happy B'day!! =) Good for you for taking charge of your health, sometime what we need is a kick to get back into things.
Post a Comment