Another sunny day, chalk up 4.5miles more for me. I no longer feel bad about hibernating all winter. I thought about repeating Monday's effort (like I'm sticking to a training plan anymore) but I sort of lost my nerve about 10 minutes into it. Twas windier than expected, and the chill seemed to pierce right through my jacket today and the sun wasn't warming. I decided to shorten the run and tried to remember past routes (it's been so long!). I headed toward my sister's place, that would be about 4 miles. But, I decided I should throw a hill into today's run. Because there are hills, and quite the doozies in the Cinci route I hear, and so I thought I should practice just a little. Three-quarters of the way through the run, I found myself on Queen St between the neighborhoods of Leslieville and The Beach. Lot of stores were catching my eye, not to mention many a menu of the local restos. So, it wasn't the most productive mile there, with a lot of stops. I guess I lost a bit of momentum because the last mile was the toughest -- and not just because there was a hill looming. It was a tremendous effort to just put one foot in front of the other. I ended up walking quite a bit.
But at least I ran up the entire hill.
2 comments:
gotta start somewhere. good to see you back at it.
she's running again!
Post a Comment