I got a kick out of reading Yumke's latest blog post, and while I don't pretend to be as diligent a runner as he, I too have been struggling to get even the smallest run in consistently. But it is time to "reform the habit." Am I talking about running, or blogging?
I think I've done alright with the weekend running, ranging from 5K to 10K (one was the Sporting Life 10K earlier this month, the other was one week before the race) since signing up for the Chicago. It's the midweek that has been hard to fit in, which has to change soon. Still, I'm not entirely worried... have always penciled in June as the start of the real-deal training. But the goal is to have a good base to begin with, be reasonably fit for when June hits... in a few days. Took another step closer to that target with 11.5K (double-digit Ks!) finished with fellow Chicago-bound friend, let's call her BCT. Took a scenic route with hills, muddy trails, a cemetery, and a really tony neighbourhood. Only downside was we started late. Gonna have to start getting up earlier on the weekends to avoid the heat.
No comments:
Post a Comment