I had high hopes for Algonquin Park, hoping for a repeat performance of last year's trip, but I'm going to have to blame the weather. As well as my bad sense of direction. It seemed like it rained a good portion of the time we were there. And when it cleared up, most of my family went canoeing on Saturday afternoon. So I tried to run, and find the trail that runs somewhat parallel to the waterways they were in and peek in on them. I have done this trail more than a handful of times, but for the life of me, I just couldn't find it this weekend. After a very crappy 2K, I was frustrated because I couldn't locate this trail and so I called it quits. Yes, just after a miserable 2K. I wasn't in the mood to run anyway but I thought if I started, I'd get into it, but it really backfired on me. I'm starting to feel like I'm starting this whole running thing from scratch -- getting the shoes on is the most difficult step.
Well, I thought I could try again on Sunday morning -- my sister wanted to go too -- but the weather didn't agree. We got hit with one heck of a rainfall from 6AM til about 8. And when that cleared up, it was my turn to go on the canoe adventure. Oh well, I can always run in Toronto. Much harder to canoe here. Doable, but I doubt as enjoyable.
1 comment:
Welcome back.. i remember camping last year and wanting nothing to do with running.. you do enough walking and hiking when you're in the great outdoors
Post a Comment