Sunday, December 30

Yippee-ki-yay motherf-

DieHard 4 is still on the brain after watching it last night before this morning's fun run 5K. And I say those yippee words with joy because those were the last kilometers of the year... I'm pretty sure I'm not running tomorrow. Total mileage for the year: actually I have no clue since I haven't kept accurate records. I did a little over 500 miles last year.... so perhaps I might have logged maybe half of that since I feel like I put in a half-assed effort all year.
Today's effort was a little bit labored even if I was still smiling as I crossed the finish line. Yumke was, as usual, looking like he was in fine form. R. was in town and started the race with me, but that lasted about as long as it took to get out of the first 100 meters of cobblestoned road. My cousin didn't look so hot by the end-- she said she felt like her lungs were bleeding. That sounds like it hurts, but she's such a trooper; she didn't stop to walk and pushed through the whole thing even though she was battling a cough. Neither of us have really ran very much in the past month (okay, maybe more than a month). We finished in just over 32 minutes, which for me is five minutes slower than last year, which also sounds about right.

Just as we were finishing I thought of my sister. She would've been at this fun run with us, but she's down in Kentucky visiting her inlaws. She did promise to do her own run as we were -- I hope so, she got a lot of nice outdoor running gear for Christmas.

3 comments:

yumke said...

Nice running with ya today! Look forward to next year!

Sonia said...

Great day for a race apparently! Congrats and wishing you a great 2008 running year

Sonia said...

What's shaking in 2008?!

How's the flying pig training going?