Nearing the end of my shift yesterday, I emailed my sister and asked her to go out for a run. By the time I got home, there was a wind advisory in effect and not-so-secretly I was glad for the excuse. Although my sister tried to give me a guest pass to her gym so that we could still run together. I politely declined. At least she got 3 miles in.
No excuses today. It was sunny, about 6C, no wind. Of course I overdressed. I figured I'd be good for 3 miles, not wanting to overexert myself before this weekend's Spring RunOff, my first chip-timed race since October. Of course I overdid it. Funniest observation during this 6.5mi run was near the end of my route. Every few steps on the side of the road was a different kind of bread. There was a bagel, a mini French baguette, an onion bun, a panini. I was on a roll uphill, rising to the challenge of this loooong hill (all bad puns absolutely intended and dedicated to Yumke).
That reminds me, need some carbs.
4 comments:
I kneaded a laugh! (groan)
I don't get it... Roll as in bread "roll"? You journalist types are speaking way over my head!
I tought it was because I'm French and its lost in translation... apparently not!!
i am such a nerd. i know.
Post a Comment