Race day tomorrow. You wouldn't know it by what I've been eating today. Got up this morning, and the free breakfast at the hotel included things like waffles, pop tarts, and cinnamon buns. Then made our way over to Cincinnati, picked up Yumke and R. and went for a drive along part of the race route, then to the expo to pick up race packets, and then for a light lunch. Some of us indulged in a flight of sampler brew pub beers. Before a race?! Well, there's carbs, aren't there? And they were such little glasses split amongst four girls. Barely five sips to a glass.
Then my family convened at my sister's inlaw's family farm.We were invited for the big pasta feed, but also to take part in tradition: The Kentucky Derby. A whole lot of pregame show for a 2-minute horse race, but what fun. I also did not refuse the mint julep... when in Rome.... We just ate an incredible pasta dinner -- fusilli and penne with choice of veg sauce and/or meat sauce, dollops of amazing homemade pesto, and roasted garden asparagus. And a brownie and coffee to cap it.
Race... race... race.... my sister is adamant that my cousin and I run the race and not worry about her. I haven't decided yet. She says she doesn't want me to "waste" my training on not running, but I also don't want to not see her through. Game time decision tomorrow. Off to bed soon. (Man, the sun is still up. This is just wrong). Weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow. I was worried because it's rained more than I liked it to earlier this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment