Okay, I'll play!!
Better late than never. But I'm not tagging anyone else. You can play along if you want to.
1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?
Limited to running for the closing subway doors (yes, I'm one of those noobs that rush the doors, and invariably miss and end up trying to look like I wasn't rushing for the door).
2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?
Best: Crossing the finish line at my first (and only, so far) 26.2 miler, the Chicago Marathon in 2006. Second best: crossing the finish line with my sister at the Flying Pig this year.
Worst: Hill training following the "fun run". Seriously, this is the run early in the marathon training that nearly broke my spirit. I think about that from time to time. Relive it with me, you know you want to.
3. Why do you run?
At first, it was because Yumke was doing it. Then it became something enjoyable, thinking time, Me-time. Occassionally, it's a way to lose weight. In the past year, it's been about bonding with family and friends, the best therapy that costs only sweat and personal motivation (okay, and a freaking nice pair of shoes will set me back a couple of C-notes).
4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?
Best: Hal Higdon's "Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide". Two items, in particular: 1) Have faith in your training plan. Because even if you miss the last three weeks of an 18-week training schedule before your first marathon because of some godawful sickness, know that the preceding 14 weeks of long runs prepared you. And they did. 2) REST, that word is gold.
Worst: Eating a pound of wings the night before an 8K race is a okay. That's not so much advice given to me as it is real-life learn-from-experience (Yumke was there. He knows). Some might argue that there is no need to dole out this advice. I mean, it's self-explanatory.
5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
The story behind the nickname Jellypepper. I'll tell you in person if you can find me.
3 comments:
Ha! Yea, chicken wings.. i won't forget that lesson
welcome back to the blogosphere
I knew you'D come back =)
I'll pass on the chicken wings lol
I'm never really that far away. But it's definitely good to be back. (still catching up with the backreading of all you dedicated peeps).
Post a Comment