It dawned on me, rather suddenly for some reason, that with nine weeks to go til the Scotiabank half-marathon, I have some work to do.
Good thing is that when I woke up this morning, I immediately felt the urge to run. I don't know where this was coming from, but I didn't question it. Before I let this moment pass, I was dressed, stretched, and mentally calculating how much I could do after taking half the summer off. Go for time, not distance, I reasoned (again). Thirty minutes was the goal time. I walked to the corner and as soon as I took my first few running steps, I felt like I hadn't had such a long hiatus.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not in the best cardio shape, but the whole experience today didn't suck (just as it hadn't 10 days ago during the fun run). I'm not breaking any records by covering 2-1/2 miles over 30 minutes, but it's done. For the next nine weeks, I hope to just ramp it up until race day. No taper. There's just no time!
No comments:
Post a Comment