Monday, October 13

Twilight turkey trot

.... and so like I said yesterday: Rinse and repeat...

Again with the turkey, this bird with my side of the family. My family is wont to overdo any food occasion, even just regular Sunday dinner. Subconsciously that's probably why I had one plate yesterday because I was going to more than make up for it today. My dad served up a turkey, prime rib, with fixings that included roasted root vegetables, white and green asparagus, mashed potatoes, broccoli, a green salad, potato salad with dill and stuffing. My brother-in-law brought his homemade rolls and corn pudding. My cousin and I each bought pie, a pumpkin and a cherry (neither of us were free this holiday weekend to get homemade desserts made. We'll make up for it at Christmas I'm sure.) Everyone went home with leftovers.

I was able to get in a short run before it got too dark but even though I had let a couple of hours pass after eating, I still felt pretty full barreling up and down hills. I worked a little harder today too, ending the 2-mile route with a hard uphill 1/2-mile nonstop. The ZooRun 10K is this Saturday!

1 comment:

Sonia said...

I wanna go to your house next year!! LOL

We never really celebrated Thanksgiving here. I think its like that for most francophones. Too bad, I love the turkey and everything that goes with it LOL