Sunday, January 3

Running with Glee

I wanted to stay in bed this morning. But last night I convinced myself that I need to start getting used to running outside again. A treadmill will only take me so far, but if I'm running a race in March, I'm going to have to face the elements. As I was laying in bed last night, all I could hear was the howling wind and I wanted to cry a little. I also thought about how I should run with people because people keep people honest with friendly competition and I know me, I can just as easily talk myself into not leaving the house. So my plan was to go down to the Beach and join the Sunday Running Room clinic. Only CMan wasn't yet home from work when I woke up and I was clearly not going to make this clinic. Already dressed though, I decided I'd have to do this alone after all around the neighborhood.
The streets were empty. No one was walking their dog, going to brunch, or even driving anywhere. It was -10C, but felt like -21C with the wind. Snow was blowing off roofs and smacking me in the face. Very strong winds made me feel like I was running in the same spot and I kept thinking to myself, WHY, OH WHY?
But the Glee soundtrack has been inspiring all my running lately, and this one was no different. I stepped out of the house to "Walking on Sunshine" and ended with "Don't Stop Believing". Five kilometres is a good start to the year, I say. Once I reach the 10K I think I will start believing.


2 comments:

Arcane said...

I really like Glee, though some of the songs are a little too autotuned. Can't wait for the second part of the season to start.

yumke said...

She's back! two posts in three days, I sent a little more motivation headed in your inbox