Friday, January 1

Two bad decisions to end 2009

Not entirely sure what drove me to do any of the following yesterday, but it's done and 2010 starts with me feeling actually somewhat good about running again. Since my last post about the buddy system, I've convinced myself to run increasingly longer amounts, by five or 10 minutes each session. Slow, but steady. Average pace of about 5 miles per hour with walking breaks. I pushed myself to run a full hour the other day after a particularly harrowing work day. To top it off, I have finally hung the plaque commemorating the Chicago marathon. It only took three years.
So this is exactly what I emailed to Frankie yesterday after my "two bad decisions":
1. am confirmed for the 30K race
2. i tweeted about it

I'm just now trying to see what the fuss is about this Twitter thing. Still not on FaceBook though:
kayan kyngca
last bad decision of '09, decade: just signed up for 30K around the bay race. oh, peer pressure! the other bad decision: signing up for this

Guess I'll be seeing my cousin, Yumke, and Frankie around the bay in just under three months. Brrrrr. Someone please have hot chocolate at the finish line. Or bring a spatula to scrape me off the sidewalk for the moment that reality hits me in my frozen face that 30K is frakin far.

No comments: