I have signed on the dotted line. As has my sister, my brother-in-law, and my cousin. We're among the other 1,643 other souls who have already registered for the Sporting Life 10K in May. It'll be my first race of the season, unless I change my mind and sign up for the Spring Run-Off. It's unlikely I'm going into the 10K with a race mentality since this is my gift to my sister, and therefore I will see her to the finish line. Just ninety-five training days to go. We haven't run together since that first day a couple of weeks ago. But she's joined a gym and so she's on her own until the weather agrees with us.
I also signed up for the Scotiabank half on Sept. 30 because it was packaged with the 10K (save $15!). No I did not sign my sister up for that -- though the look of fear on her face would be kind of funny in a superpricelessMasterCardkindofway). I peeked at the confirmation list -- apparently 54 other souls have signed up for the same race package as I. I ran this race last year as a dress rehearsal to the Chicago marathon. The half mary could very well end up being the dress rehearsal for the MCM in Washington (I have made the declaration that I will run this. But who knows, things may change. At this time last year I was already committed to Chicago, there was no turning back. But this year, I have to leave the door slightly ajar for an escape route ...).
1 comment:
Thanks for getting me thinking about racing season .. i signed up for the sporting life... and i'm counting on you for MCM...
Post a Comment