I don't think my Afterwork RunClub partner is quitting on me, but we skipped our run together for a second consecutive week today. This is also the second week in a row where I've lugged to work my entire closet of workout clothing -- because I'm still not sure what to wear to run on these frosty days -- thinking we'd go. (Hey, she's the one going on a resort vacation in a couple of weeks. I don't need to be 'bathing suit-ready'). But I'm proud to say the big difference this week from last is that I actually went for a run despite the cancellation. I didn't brave the below-0C temperature and chose to use the treadmill instead, right after that Tuesday strength and toning class I so love but now have to miss because of RunClub. I was seriously overdressed for both occassions. While I had a couple of choices of top layers with varying sleeve lengths for layering, I only had one pair of pants, and they were lined wind pants. Not the greatest choice for a 5-mi effort on the treadmill -- and I wasn't lucky enough to get a mill by a fan tonight. But I got a lot of thinking done, particularly about this wedding that isn't planning itself for myself despite shutting my eyes real tight and wishing it so. This is happening in, oh, about five months. Little girls dream about their wedding days for years, fantasizing about every little detail from dress to venue to flowers to giant diamond rings and the honeymoon. I haven't put a lot of thought into this Big Day. In fact, I'm sure I've spent more time thinking about this year's race calendar than about my wedding day. Strange, but true. That's not to say that I don't care, but CMan and I are of simple tastes, so as long as we both say 'I do' on the appointed time and day, then that's good enough for us. Of course, maybe eloping is the way for us to go. But, in case that option doesn't come into play, I today arranged for an officiant for the afternoon of June 9. One task down. About a million to go.
Recapulet: I put in a second decent morning workout last Thursday, as was my latest pledge, with a 3-mi treadmill run, followed by some weight training. Then followed up that effort on Friday with a quick 2-mi run ahead of the sweat-inducing BOSU class. There was no running on the weekend, even though I asked my sister twice. She assures me she is still committed to the race. I know she is, and I will sign up this week to ensure that I am as well.
1 comment:
Hey Jelly! Winter is tough and we are feeling the temps as well, I have spent far to much time on the mill and not enough time outside, I think I am forgetting what I really like about running as I drone through workout after workout on the Dreadmill. Hang in there you are doing great.
Oh and re the MCM yes we will have that cup of coffee and a chat someday, promise. :) Good luck with the wedding planning!
Post a Comment