This is the online journal of one Toronto girl who is returning to the scene of her first and only marathon. On Oct. 9, 2011, she will run the Chicago marathon five years after the maiden marathon.
Thursday, January 25
Overenthusiasm leads to rest
Abs, inner thighs, calves are hurting. Even my collarbone, it seems. I feel misaligned. I don't think it's the running itself, but probably exhaustion from combining that with overenthusiasm the last two days in the weight training/core strengthening department. Maybe it was too soon after the Tuesday night class to go into the Wednesday morning class -- not enough rest. And isn't REST my favorite word as far as exercise is concerned? Anyway, I did my pre-work workout yesterday, taking in a core strengthing class and then running a hard 2 mi. I was going to head in again this morning (I am really trying hard to stick to plan) but I was supercranky about these aches when my eyes slowly unglued from slumber. Yes, time to schedule a massage too. Thank you health plan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Supercranky is not good! Take it easy! You won't lose any fitness by taking a break! At least you know you have the motivation to do it!
Keep it up =)
Post a Comment