I went to my favorite Thai restaurant on Friday night (an old university haunt) and instead of having one of my usual favorites, golden curry chicken, I tried something new... fish with mango sauce. As well as shared in the fish hotpot, an emerald curry, and duck in red curry sauce. On Saturday afternoon, I biked to the beach to meet up with Dad, have coffee and partake in the annual jazz festival at the beach. Then went back later that night with CMan to listen to more groovy tunes and eat pad thai among the throng.
All this means, in my usual roundabout way in making excuses, is that I didn't make it to that free tune up run I'd been planning, the one that coincided with the jazzfest. I'd signed up for the 20K distance. By Monday afternoon, I had downgraded to 10K, feeling that was more manageable by myself. By Thursday, my sister had decided that she would be lucky to complete 5K, having not run for a few weeks and still getting over a cough. By Saturday night, before I went to bed, I had decided I'd run my own tune up run. Well I didn't.
As I was stifling yawns at the Office today, I was thinking about not running and leaving it til Tuesday's AfterRunclub session. Grasshopper had other ideas. Having not done anything in a week, I figured that was just the kick in the butt that I needed. It turns out this well-meaning plan didn't work out timing-wise between us. About 10 minutes after the cancellation call, where I'd said I wasn't going to bother, I had a change of heart. I put my shoes on and ran what was probably my fastest 5K (31:16) since the Resolution Run on New Year's Eve. I wonder if this will come back to bite me tomorrow when I try to keep up with WheatiesWoman (my new nickname for Tuesday running partner. Unbeknownst to her, of course)
Welcome back: Bob, the chairman of the 2006 Chicago Marathon blog group who has a penchant for kind words and partial to haikus, is sort of back. Can't wait to hear what he's been up to. Spontaneous haiku in his honor.
Bob from Wisconsin
I so missed the dog and blog
I am so giddy
2 comments:
yeah I noticed Bob posting comments on a couple of blogs. He doesn't have a profile or blog set up though.
I am very partial to Haiku's, especially clever ones. :-)
Post a Comment