This is the online journal of one Toronto girl who is returning to the scene of her first and only marathon. On Oct. 9, 2011, she will run the Chicago marathon five years after the maiden marathon.
Saturday, September 29
As ready as I can be
I haven't run since that weird bout of sickness earlier in the week but for the first time in a long while that not-running thing hasn't bothered me in that guilty way that I'm so prone to feeling. It's the day before my half-marathon race. I'm ready as I can be. I'm in no way as prepared as last year but it's about having fun tomorrow. I have two friends to run with this year, though I think that while we'll start together and run the first few miles together, I'll probably end up running most of it solo -- they have a goal of a 1:59:59 finish, which I think is achievable for both -- damn natural runners! It means running 9:10/mile or 5:42/km. I haven't been able to run that kind of pace ever. My best may be 10 min mile and that was really hoofing it and in no way was it sustainable over a long distance. If I can match what I did last year -- 2:18:40 -- on the unfocused training I've done, I'll be pretty happy with that. But if I don't, I already know why and I'm okay with that too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You'll do well, I'msure. The weather will be nice. I'll see you at the finish!
Good luck beating your time or not, I hope you will enjoy yourself tomorrow! =)
Post a Comment