Tuesday, September 18

Little hill sprints

Hammies were a little bit sore post-Sunday 15K so I didn't run yesterday, but felt okay to go today. My sister, who recently picked up a Runner's World mag for inspiration on her way back from a weekend trip in New York and read an article about hill running, wanted to run some hills tonight. The ZooRun in a month features a few hilly parts. We warmed up with a jog around her neighborhood (around 1.5 miles maybe) and then did 5x10-second sprints up a hill. Actually, more like a gentle slope. Gotta start somewhere.

4 comments:

yumke said...

Cool! did it hurt? How hilly is the zoorun? I haven't really looked into it..

Sonia said...

oh my 15 K on Sunday! Awesome! Good luck at the half in 2 weeks! Have fun =) Is your sister running that one too? I think I missed a few posts....

jellypepper said...

dunno how hilly the zoo run will be, i just remember there being hills at the zoo and figure these will figure in somewhere on the route! my sister and cousin will be panting up the hills with me for the 10K at the zoo.

i'm not so worried about the half any more having done 15K on sunday. then again, i don't think i ever was worried about finishing... finishing and doing well are two entirely different things.

yumke said...

haha, spoken like a true marathoner. yeah, 21K is a walk in the park compared with what you went through last year