Tuesday, May 29

No fretting. Okay, a little bit...

I have not run since finding out about the sold-out Marine Corps Marathon. I've decided to forgo looking for a fall marathon. I only want to go to one with tens of thousands of runners. I like the comfort of having masses of people around me. I also don't want to go by myself. Which is why the MCM was going to be fun, because I was supposed to do this with Yumke. (Not run together, but to fly and carboload, and visit R. Yumke, we should've signed up on the same day like we coordinated for Chicago!)

No more fretting about this lost marathon opportunity. There will be others. So, I'll be happy with the fall half marathon instead for this year. I convinced my Afterwork RunClub partner to sign up. Now we can train together, knowing we're both after the same goal. We're scheduled to run tomorrow, probably about 5K.

I found a couple of other things to entertain me these last few days. Like final details of the wedding (it's less than 2 weeks away now! Eek), including a last-minute bachelorette party (featuring some wicked martinis, then seeing drag queens on College St). And catching up on some of my PVRed shows (I've found a reason to go back to Lost, and ditch 24). Oh, and my new favorite PS2 game, just bought it yesterday: Guitar Hero II. I'm really digging Message in a Bottle, Heart-Shaped Box, Monkey Wrench, and Free Bird.

1 comment:

yumke said...

Damn, i should have signed you up! Don't worry.. there will be another marathon in the future...