I thwarted the rain today. Twice.
I rose at 5:45 this morning, and the lightning had just started. Then the thunder came. And whoosh, a pile of rain. I thought about going back to bed for another hour, then decided it was better to catch a ride downtown with CMan and get some weight training in before work instead of having to slog through the rain to get to the subway. Made perfect sense to me.
It being Tuesday and Tuesday being Afterwork RunClub day, I was a tiny bit concerned that we might not be able to go because thunderstorms were expected after work as well. Now I was faced with another decision -- do I stick to working on my upper body or treadmill it? (Too many decisions this morning! I also thought about calling in sick. But sore throat is just not enough in my books)
I like compromise. So I slowly got through one mile on the treadmill. Then did some triceps, biceps, push-ups, crunches.
By midmorning, the sun was shining. I took lunch outside, and assessed that RunClub could meet tonight. We left a little bit later than usual. It was humid and I thought about all those crappy humid days during marathon training last summer. Do I really want to do this again? I'm once again leaning to yes...... (!)
L and I didn't have a route planned out today. But we started off the same as usual, heading west. Since it was so nice, it occurred to me that running by the lake might be nice for temperature, for change of scenery, for a lot of fun. Another good decision, I'm on a roll! We ran farther than I thought we did over the 41-1/2 minutes we were out there... I could hear both of us breathing differently... 3.5 miles this portion = a total of 4.5 miles today.
Headed home. Walked in the door, and then more rain came.
1 comment:
hehe.. good on you.. i also braved it and went out as it was clear.. the last kilometre, it rained.. so just a little wet.
did i hear you say "yes" to Marathon?!?!
Post a Comment