Thursday, November 2

Afterwork Run Club

Led by ME. Yeah, that's right. ME.

So, word got around work that I did this marathon. And so my former supervisor, who now works in a different department, found that really inspiring. So inspiring that she asked if she could train with me, though it's unclear if she's aiming to do one herself. But I'm not training for anything, I said. Then let's just run together, she said.

I'm flattered. I really am. And so we decided we'd choose a day and stick to it, and probably limit ourselves to 5K -- since it's going to get dark quicker and the temp isn't going to be so friendly as we approach the "real" start of winter.

Then she told someone else. And now that person is into it. And then there were three. I wonder if more will join.

I don't know what they're expecting. Part of me is a bit terrified -- especially after my Group Running experience early on. But I think we're all about the same level, which is a relief. I guess I'm going to be the pace bunny, and I volunteered to be the one to map out the routes. And I'll bring a stopwatch..though I guess we don't really need that. This is just for the pure joy of running.

Joy of running. Hee hee.....words I thought I'd never put together in the same sentence.
It starts Tuesday.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

Great news. :)

jellypepper said...

I wonder how long this is going to last. But I'm optimistic. I'll need someone to push me through these winter months before spring training begins.