A: The smell of homemade fresh-baked bread after a day that featured vacation time and a 25-minute run (about 2.5 mi).
This was my very first solo attempt at making bread that wasn't the banana variety. Years ago, Yumke walked me through a lesson in foccacia. But I didn't have the patience, the counter space, nor a KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook (Note to self: register for one). Anyways, all of that has changed... well, except for the dough hook... as I came across a recipe on the interweb and became intrigued. So, I started it yesterday afternoon, minutes before I started making chocolate chip cookies to satiate a craving. It literally took 90 seconds for me to combine the ingredients and leave it alone for the next 18 hours.
There was no need to knead this baby. But I needed to go for a run.
In the final two hours of rising, I dashed over to my parents to pick up a 5qt-Pyrex pot because I don't own one big enough for this particular recipe
(Note to self: register for a pot this big). In the first stage of baking, I went for a short run while there was still some daylight. The air was crisp, and it was overcast, but I thought it was perfect running weather today.Anyways, this is how the bread turned out. I'm so happy with the way it looks on the outside. Pretty professional looking, eh? I have no idea what it tastes like yet. I'll wait til CMan comes home and we'll share it with some good butter.
For the rest of the weekend, hope to get out for a longish run. And maybe make another boule.
2 comments:
Looks yummy! Lots of carbs
wow that bread looks amazing! Enjoy! =)
Post a Comment