It seems that my performance this week suggests that I will need some structure if I am to go through with this winter training idea. Not that I have a spring marathon in mind, but if Yumke or Frankie push hard enough -- not that they've decided themselves -- they might get me to do the oldest road race in North America in March. A 30K race.
I haven't been very motivated lately, but I haven't been an absolute couch potato either. I just haven't been out there running, despite some pretty mild weather this past week, and except for that one outing earlier this week after work. But I've gone back to the gym a few times this week and I think I've come up with a fairly decent schedule to keep myself in shape.
Since I pretty much stuck to Hal for 18 weeks, I know I can adhere to a schedule if it is stuck to my fridge. So here's Jelly's 18-week plan:
Monday: cardio/tone class
Tuesday: Afterwork RunClub (min 5K), followed by ab class
Wednesday: Yoga
Thursday: Run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: cardio, core strength classes
Sunday: Longer run
Coincidentally, the aforementioned road race is 19 weeks away. And I'm on vacation next week (though not going anywhere exotic. In fact, not going anywhere at all. Just not going to work, and that is just delicious).
So, if I start and take this regimen seriously starting Nov. 20, then maybe I'll be ready for that road race. Though I really won't decide to register til much later. At least I may have something bigger than a 5K to work towards this winter.
5 comments:
Hm.. around the bay, huh? Well, already thinking of it.. (take note there's a relay too!, 3 10K portions)
Loving the plan stan, I hang mine on the inside door of my bathroom cupboard. hehehe I know the unstructured feeling, I am dealing with it right now but managing to stay motivated and logging some decent workouts. Until vacation in two weeks. I REALLY need to have a good two weeks because I am not going to have a "healthy" week that week. hehehe
Good plan! Spring marathon? You're on fire!!! good luck with training! =)
My name is Adam Jacobs and I am the Editor-in-Chief and co-owner of an exponentially growing new, but significantly growing running blog called "The Final Sprint"
( www.thefinalsprint.com). The Final Sprint is a comprehensive running, fitness and nutrition blog.
We (www.thefinalsprint.com) were wondering if our sites could begin a relationship or even a partnership. In addition, I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider my site ( www.thefinalsprint.com) to be listed under your blog roll (aka your links section) as well as used as a source for future content (such as our columns, news, product reviews, advice, etc). In return, we will do the same by adding your site to our soon-to-be released blog roll and frequently checking your site for new stories. If you do accept, please name the link "The Final Sprint" and link to www.thefinalsprint.com
In addition, please send me an email and let me know how you would like your blog to be listed.
Thank you very much and I greatly look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Adam Jacobs
--
Adam Jacobs
Editor-in-Chief, The Final Sprint
www.thefinalsprint.com
adam@thefinalsprint.com
Post a Comment