Wednesday, July 5

The Higdon Room blender

This is Week 3, and I still haven't really come up with a specific program to follow. I'm divided between the programs of the Running Room and Hal Higdon. Both programs have two rest days, Mondays and Fridays. That's gold. Hal's specifies a cross-training day, but RR schedules in Tempo, Hills, and Steady runs. There is more mileage covered in RR.
I think what would suit me best is to blend the two; this way I have a better chance of getting to the gym and do other things I enjoy -- like G's Saturday morning program of aerobics, some weights, then core strengthening, as well as yoga. And I'll stick to the Sunday Group Run (where I will probably encounter longer-than-expected runs...the group is on schedule for the Toronto marathon .. so I think this will work out fine).
Ran 4 miles today with less problems than the night before, at an average pace of 12:36/mile. Total time out there: 50:32. I started slow, as usual, but felt better as I ran further. I'm going to call it a good run, and a nice way to finish off my vacation.

And just because I forgot to do it, here's the tally:
Weekly tally
: 26.96K/16.75 miles (Sunday end)
Training-to-date: 160.26K/99.6 miles

No comments: