Today I woke up and really for the first time in a while felt the after-effects of running. Or was it a hangover?
I took on the task of the Tuesday 3-miler (this is the easy distance for the first 10-weeks of Tuesdays in Higdon's 18-week plan). I was feeling pretty uninspired to begin with, and I did nothing to fix that as I stayed close to the condo and ran laps around Queen's Park, the provincial legislature building which has some green space behind it, popular for rallies and such, a great thoroughfare for cars whizzing by on the way uptown and downtown.
There were a few other runners wiht the same idea. I kept up with a girl in a green shirt for a lap and a half, nearly overtaking her at one point, but fell behind when Garmin told me to take a walking break. Round and round the park I went, and thinking the entire time that this is my fault the scenery was so boring and was further distracted by the laundry list of other things that need to get done soon. Have I yet mentioned that moving and marathon training aren't quite compatible?
CMan and I went by our new house last night so he could show me his paint job. There was a disturbingly bright yellow in one of the bedrooms but it's now been replaced with a lovely shade called Rejuvenate)
Meant to only pass through -- still needed to eat -- but met three new neighbors who invited us to sit on their new decks. Three bottles of red wine later .... I had one glass. Honest.
3 comments:
I sent you a sandwich.. hopefully it'll help
One glass huh? That's more will power than I have!
Looking for information and found it at this great site...
five roses casino 125 laptop repair los angeles dui lawyer cpu monitor show car polish
Post a Comment