The house is a mess right now, boxes everywhere, things yet to be assembled, cable still to be hooked up (good thing it's summer and it's nothing but reruns and bad reality TV, but this also means we have no internet so guess who's blogging at work, and will be for the next few days?), a BBQ yet to be purchased, king bed yet to be delivered, but some essentials are unpacked (like my running shoes!). Almost everything is in the house, except for a couch that didn't make it out of the condo (broken service elevator threw a big wrench into moving plans so it's stuck there until we figure out another way to get it without having to rent another truck).
First sleep in the house was restful probably because I was so exhausted. I opened my eyes at 5AM and for about 3-1/2 seconds thought about going for a run in the new neighborhood. And also because I'm supposed to go to dinner with sister and cousin tonight, so where am I supposed to find this time I don't have? There are not enough hours in the day sometimes.
But my non-action has boxed me into a corner for tonight and now I'm contemplating skipping tonight's scheduled run, using such fine excuses like I have not properly rested from Sunday's Long Run and have spent the last 2 days hauling boxes up and down 3 flights of stairs. At the same time, I'm still eager to check out the 'hood and look for the nicest tree-lined streets, and where to avoid hills. Not sure I'm up for the full distance of 3-miles... maybe just a short run around the block then.
1 comment:
Don't beat yourself up, moving counts as crosstraining in my book. Make it up later if the guilt gets to be to much. :)
Post a Comment