Wednesday, July 19

Hysteria Lane


I'm no Desperate Housewife, but I've definitely moved into some kind of wacky neighborhood. One neighbor, probably the den mother of the street, came by last night with a homemade pizza with artichokes and fine slivers of onions literally fresh out of the oven because she carried it three doors down to ours on a pizza peel, presented it to CMan who was home at the time and building something. (For those of you who are curious, I was not home and I was not running... instead, dining on chilled tomato cucumber soup, seared salmon wtih tomato chili chutney, and chocolate mousse as part of the city's semi-annual prix fixe festival).
When I did get home from dinner -- with intentions of getting a couple of Ks in before darkness descended -- I met another two sets of neighbors, leisurely sharing a bottle of red on the porch. Bye bye run! (But no drink either. That counts for something). I think I'm going to really love the new neighborhood...I've met more neighbors in one week than I have in the four years I was at the condo.

This morning, I was up at 5:30 a.m. I could've run, but I didn't, and instead went to the condo and cleaned up the place a bit before heading to work. A long day of work before....

Them Hills tonight!

Then pizza.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

Sounds like a great "neighborhood" with lots of nice people. That Pizza sounds delish. As my three year old and I like to chant P-I-Z-Z-A, I want Pizza! Did I say that out loud??

jellypepper said...

Travis -- my ears weren't ringing but my quads were burning from the hills. Is that the same thing?

.. Bob, P-I-Z-Z-A with B-E-E-R! what a perfect combination.