Tuesday, July 4

Ice Ice baby

Maybe it was from being carbound for hours, but my legs just didn't have any spring today. Or maybe it was because, for a fleeting moment, I thought my brief running career was over from whacking my knee into a rather large tent peg at the Kentucky party (recreated on the right).
I really struggled through my 3.5-mile (5.6K), iPodless run today. Although I toughed out the whole distance over 49 minutes, I was definitely not into it. I tried to take my mind off the heavy legs by trying to count Italian flags joyously waving from cars whizzing by, celebrating the country's World Cup 2-0 victory over Germany. I only counted 7 flags, including the one at the Italian consulate, but this run was happening at least four hours after the fact.
Iced my knees for 10 minutes upon return. Hopefully this will help make tomorrow's run -- 5 miles -- be of better quality.

No comments: