Monday, October 9

Giving thanks

Gobble Gobble! It's Thanksgiving here in Canada, and it coincides with a rest day. Yippee! The last of the 17 guests -- whom we fed a feast of turkey, homemade stuffing, mashed spuds, roasted root vegs, nut loaf, with some other tasty contributions from the other girls in the family -- have just left and finally I can attend to my splitting headache and sore throat! Yes, I'm sick. And I do blame yesterday's cold bath.

But before I change back into my flannel pjs and have a spoonful of Nyquil, this holiday is about giving thanks. So here is a small list, and in no particular order.

I am thankful for:
-- a dishwasher, especially today
-- my friends and family
-- my health plan
-- CMan, of course

And you. The one reading my blog right now. Because for some reason you care how I'm doing on this whole marathon business. Thank you. The goal is within reach.

Now go away cold.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

Your welcome and of course we care. :) Better a cold now then in two weeks.

Sonia said...

Well said Bob, that's exactly what I was about to say! You have plenty of time to recover from that stupid cold now! At least you didn't catch it 2-3 days before the Big Day!!

Hope you feel better soon =)

Happy thanksgiving too