Sunday, October 15

Skinny Minny

I know I've shed some pounds since I started seriously training for this marathon. Something was bound to happen with all those hours of training and eating better. But I didn't really know, until today, how much I've benefited. I have noticed some of my pants have been fitting better, or not at all in some cases. Friends and family have commented on how fit I look, probably the fittest in 10 years.

Anyways, besides the comments from my sister everytime she sees me -- "you're such a skinny minny" -- I now have actual proof.

Back in July when I was in Kentucky for sister's wedding, we also purchased bridesmaids dresses for my cousin's wedding, which is one week after the race. This gorgeous fire-red number. When I tried it on in the store, I could get the dress on so that it fit but it didn't look so right, but not so wrong that an alteration wouldn't fix it. I had trouble taking the dress off, which really means it wasn't the right size to begin with but this store doesn't exist in Canada and there were no other sizes in the store and maybe my pride was talking a little bit too. So I really had to bank on this alteration to work in my favor otherwise I was going to be pretty screwed. But the more pressing problem at that moment was that I couldn't get the dress off by myself. I had to secretly ask CMan to slip into the dressing room with me and help me maneuver out of it. No, no dressing room shenanigans. This is a PG story.

Fast forward about three months to today. The wedding is fast approaching and perhaps I should see if those alterations need to be made because I hadn't thought about it for about 2-1/2 months. So I took it out of its wrapping, pulled the dress over my head, and I didn't even have to wriggle into it!! I am so pleased.

Health update: My cough is winding down and there's no more pleghm. I've been drinking a lot of water, tea, hot water with lemon and honey. Which basically means I need to pee every hour. At least I'm hydrated, right?

... and if you haven't seen Running Jayhawk's ode. GO. Pure inspiration.

4 comments:

Sonia said...

Congrats on losing the weight! That is awesome, I did just like you, shed the pounds like crazy since I started running! The first thing my dad said when he saw me was: "wow you waist line is is small!" =) gotta love our dads for that!

BTW That dress is a killer, you'll be looking so great!!!

jellypepper said...

The dress is awesome. Now what to do with my hair......

Anonymous said...

Followed your progress for a while and it is really admirable. If one needs any inspiration at all, it's something like that really hot dress -- It is going to look fabulous look on you! Get well and good luck with the big day! :)

~CK :)

Kristi said...

That dress rocks...I'd love to have it for party wear. And to think, I thought that there was no such thing as a "re-wearable" bridesmaid dress.
What stores it from? Kentucky's kinda close to me...hmmm, think hubby would drive me five hours for a dress?