Hal said to do 5 miles today. Oh boy was it ever hard to get out there though. And this is because my new black leather couches for the basement arrived today...designed to make a winter of couch potatoland all the more enjoyable. Except there was one problem.
These don't fit with the room. They don't look right because they're too big -- not overstuffed, just too large for the room of our size. And before you say why didn't you measure, etc etc, I blame the interior designer. Yah, that's right. How could a professional get it so wrong? He came over, measured, went back to the store and played with some computer program. It spit out this black leather couch and companion loveseat. We loved them instantly.
But one of them has to go back. CMan and I tried to position the couches differently than was suggested. Nothing worked. So I'm tasked with phoning the salesman tomorrow and bitch until I get what I want. Which is a full refund and no 30-percent restocking fee.
Well, the moral of this story is that I turned a lot of negative energy into a pretty quick 5-miler. It was dark by the time I'd started, more than an hour since Frankie had phoned to ask if I'd gone and run yet. He too was putting today's run off. But he said "taper doesn't mean don't run".
How true.
1 comment:
Hehe.. yeah, taper means run, but run less.. i gotta run tomorrow..
Post a Comment