I put in a vacation request two months ago -- seven months in advance of race day. My manager dawdled on it until yesterday (until I finally gently reminded her), and we discussed it today. I was thinking about going into her office, guns ablazing (not literally, of course), because the way she had responded via email didn't sit right with me. Anyways, we've made a compromise, and it could well still change, but at least I definitely have the Friday and Monday off around race weekend. Phew. Originally I wanted to arrive in Chicago on Wednesday -- and I still might though it's likely it'll be Thursday night now. Bosslady says she may be able to release me for the days that I want, but can't tell me now and it depends on other conflicts that may emerge, which may not be known til early September or so... sigh.
Let this not detract from ultimate goal of completing 26.2 miles on Oct. 22.
1 comment:
Way to go JellyPepper...you got bosslady (AKA 'NB') to budge a litte. Bodes well for me I guess (For those who don't know, we have the same boss lady.)-Frank
Post a Comment