Sometimes all we need is a little nudge. To get out the door for a long run, to push the pace, or to rest.
In some cases, it's to join a club... specifically this space called the blogosphere. Yumke and I have been gently prodding Frankie -- the third member of this trio of Chicago-bound Toronto-based wordsmiths -- to start a blog. Yumke is the old pro amongst us, a blogger since December. Me, just over two months. Frankie is a faithful reader, and frequently leaves comments, but he just needed an extra push to get his own progress out there.
So I created a blog for him, knowing he was unlikely to ever do it himself, and called it FleetFootedFrankie; then presented it to him as a sort of welcome-to-training "gift". Yumke was a co-conspirator, in that he thought it was a great idea and it'd be funny. And it was. Frankie laughed. Yes, I wrote the first post. But it's all him from here on out...really!
I hope Frankie embraces this forum because I know he has things to say, and lots of questions to ask (pretty much none of which I can answer so I appeal to the rest of the running world to help him); and at the very least, he's got an upcoming review of his snazzy new Garmin. Of course, he's also discovered the "Delete blog" button, which I said he was welcome to push at any time. (Though let's hope not.) Visit soon, visit often. Support our Frankie!
No comments:
Post a Comment