Six days til the official start of The Program!
After getting back late last night, I thought how running in BC was so great because the air was so fresh, the views were so breathtaking, and there are a lot of runners out there. I think I'd be a lot more motivated if I did all my marathon training there, like Frankie said.
Mind you, I noticed that there was less community when I passed runners though. Here in Toronto, I've noticed it's somewhat friendlier, as in runners passing each other will give a little nod, a wave, a hello, some kind of acknowledgement. Well, maybe they're superfocused on the coast. A lot of people train out there, people say.
I just mapped out my route, as best I could from memory of an unfamiliar city, that I did on Saturday morning while the boys slept. Up at 7AM and with no TV or really anything to do, thought I might as well go out and kill time before the synchronized waking up time of 9AM. Total mileage (kilometerage?, right Yumke?) -- 8.8K, best I could guestimate. This is where those Garmin things really come in handy... perhaps I'll invest in one.. Frankie's been thinking about it too.
The Friday run along the Seawall was about 3K, like I said, using Cam's Garmin, though I couldn't keep up with him the whole time. Also cut the run short because of a developing blister on the fourth toe, right foot. Ouchie.
One regret from the trip -- did not actually make it to Stanley Park to run amongst the big trees. Looped back from Kamloops in the Giant SUV, via Whistler, and missed a turn and had to take the ugly bridge back to Vancouver, not the pretty Lions Gate Bridge.
Pics will be added later tonight, once I figure out a few things. Check back soon.
Weekly tally: 21.4K (though somewhat approximate, but up 18 percent from prior week!)
Training-to-date: 72.25K
4 comments:
Sounds like a beautuful trip, I love running in strange cities, you learn so much about where you are. You need a conversion table in your sidebar for those of us on the imperial system. :)
Go you! We should celebrate our final days before The Program with something that's really bad for us.. like the Atkins diet.. kidding.. By the way, i'm may be looking at ditching my Garmin 201 for a sleeker model.. what ya say?
Jelly...you going to join the Garmin world? Do it do it. I now leaning toward the 301 model w/ HRM (thanks again Bob). Anyway, get those Vancouver pics up, I wanna see. I miss it already.
YES! the plan is working.. Yumke bites on the bait... I knew he would be looking for a sleeker toy :) .. We'll talk.
Bob -- I haven't thanked you yet for adding me to your Chicago Bound list. This support group is going to help a lot... and yes, conversions are totally needed.. Upgraded website to come. Eventually. Vancouver was just such a great running city. My next scheduled strange land is Kentucky ... for another wedding. Tis the season.
Post a Comment