Returned to my suite quite drained from hearing about premiums, deductibles, and something about red wine on carpet. I was no mood to run.
I thought about skipping the run entirely, using today as a rest day, and running on Friday instead. But then, considering I'll be mostly carbound on Friday -- headed to the States for my sister's second wedding (to the same guy, just a separate party for his American family) -- I figure I'm even less likely to run after a 10-hour car trip.
And considering my mood, I'm already convinced I'm well on my way to recording two poor-quality runs in a row. I stepped outside -- it's starting to rain.
Now, I could've turned around and gone back inside. That would've been the easy thing to do. But all that fidgeting through the insurance meeting really stirred me to move, get the blood flowing once more, and I challenged myself to race against the rain. It wasn't coming down hard, but it was threatening to.. I thought I might have seen lightning in the distance.
Well, it's only 3 miles, I can beat it.
I did.

Got home, and CMan said, "Did you do the whole route? You're back fast". Time check: about 30 minutes. And I had stopped for some five minutes to look at art (recognized the work of Michael Godard -- and it's on sale -- which we are thinking about putting up at our new wet bar in the new basement).
No comments:
Post a Comment