After a weekend of eating, canoeing, eating, bike riding, eating, kayaking, eating, napping, eating, looking at stars, charring marshmallows, and of course a trail run, then more eating, I took it easy yesterday.
But I wasn't going to let headlines about today's extreme heat alert stop me from getting my miles in today. I am not a fan of running outside in 36C/97F heat (but feels like 48C/118F). Yes, it's hotter in other places on this planet, but I have never been able to handle heat very well. Ever.
So off I went to the underground and very air conditioned gym at lunch time for 3 quick-for-me miles. Now I don't have to wait til the evening in hopes that it'll cool down. It's nice to get the run out of the way. My whole night is clear now .... for unpacking.
1 comment:
JP
Great job with the trail run that sounds like alot of fun. Very smart move going to the Air Conditioned Gym. I did 4 recovery last night in the heat and my precieved effort did not match my pace, it fact it was not even close. :)
Post a Comment