
I had a 20%-off coupon at the local specialist store for runners, having participated in their Fun Run a few weeks ago. That was also the same day that I decided to quit their group runs because these did nothing for my confidence. Which is probably why I had forgotten -- repressed the memory -- of this coupon until Frankie reminded me of it today. It was expiring today.
So I went home after work -- after a nice body sculpting class and 3-mi uneventful treadmill run in the new Asics -- and dug out this soon-to-be expiring coupon. Then I went to the store and proceeded to try on 7 pairs of shoes.
The Asics I still don't love, not like my recently retired New Balance 856s. That was the perfect shoe for me. R.I.P. little shoes -- you carried me far. We had some good times together. And some bad. But mostly good. I wish New Balance still made you.
But onto the next phase. Last week I bought a pair of Asics Gel Evolution II (in white, quicksilver and periblue). This week, I added New Balance 1222 (also blue, they're the bottom pair of shoes in the photo). And for good measure, grabbed a few energy gels (going to try the GU...chocolate, and espresso lover), as well as a package of fruit punch Sport Beans.
My credit card sure took a hit this month. Pity I didn't win the weekend $42 million jackpot.
3 comments:
They started selling Sport Beans?? I've seen those in the RW magazine and have been waiting for someone here to start selling them. How are they? Are they just Jelly beans by another name?
FYI, you can get a 20% off coupon for the RR by buying Vector cereal or Propel water. The Vector cereal coupons expire in November.
Nice shoes =) Poor credit card... I have the same problem this month! I bought a pair of Asics Gel Solution last week too and I can't say that I fancy them that much... I guess they'll grow on me. I also bought a pair of Saucony and I prefer them...
As for the Sports Bean, they are made by JellyBelly. I had the orange flavor this morning. I kinda like them, they're really salty taste. I've realized I'm not a big fan of gels so the sports beans are great for me.
Later =)
Last week's shoes were also bought with 20% off, courtesy of Vector. What a yummy cereal. I have another coupon that I'll probably use for clothing next month, once I recover from this month's spending spree....! I'm now starting to think about what I want to wear on race day.
I haven't tried the jellybeans yet.. stay tuned...
Post a Comment