Thursday, August 10

New shoes, unused

So I followed up yesterday's great day with a not-so-great day. Not only did I not win the $32 million lottery, I missed my run today... which I am a little bit upset about because I bought new shoes. A pair of Asics Gel Evolution II (in white, quicksilver and periblue). It's just life got in the way... more new house-related errands to run and I just ran out of time by the time I was done doing them. It's tough work to furnish our basement, and in the end we couldn't decide on anything. But it's going to be entertainment mecca one day.
I only got my commuting cross-training in (about 8 mi in total) and this morning's ride downtown was a grand effort... I don't think I've ever pedalled so quickly, and if I had a heart rate monitor, I'm sure it would have been off the charts. I am enjoying my new bed way too much -- it's so comfortable, like a cloud.
It's a scheduled rest day, but I'll make up for it tomorrow morning. Unless my bed says otherwise.

No comments: