Friday, May 19

Guest blogger

To blog or not to blog..., is Frankie's latest debate. I think I have him almost convinced to start his own. But, in the current absense of an official Frankblog, he sometimes sends me emails. Or just talks. Here's a sample of what was said today...

Reservation for one please
The Chicago Marathon has reserved a spot for me in the Preferred Start II corral, which is for individuals who have either a sub 1:35:59 half marathon or a sub 3:35:59 marathon under their belt. They expect about 4,700 runners out of 40,000 overall to be in this area. I qualified after clocking in at 1:43:28 at my first-ever half marathon last week in Mississauga. My friend Kenny will be one of the expected 3,200 runners in the the Preferred Start I corral, while Jelly will claim her spot the general area (this is jelly speaking: he said "cattle" the other day)with about 30,000 other runners.

With just over 5 months to go the Chicago Marathon says registration is expected to close in record time and runners should reserve their place now to guarantee entry.



Who wants to hear more from him? (and congratulations Frank, for not being.. ahem.. cattle)

No comments: