Sunday, May 21

Home sweet home


It's 7K from my condo to my new home (which closes early July). That's where I ran to. The house is still there, waiting for me and CMan.

I didn't run non-stop. I employed a 3-minute run/2-minute walk pace that is a suggested run-walk marathon training schedule by Coach Jenny; and a program I'm mulling. I didn't follow it to a T, but as close as possible, considering I wasn't wearing a watch. Coach Jenny's got several free programs online for those that have signed up for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. I'm signed up for the half-marathon on Sept. 24. I had worked out on Higdon's novice training schedule -- another one under consideration -- that a long run in Week 14 was 14 miles. So a half-marathon is slightly short of the Long Run goal that particular day, but whatever. Close enough and it would be a good idea to see what kind of runner I am in this kind of race. 10Ks are one thing. Marathons are entirely another matter. I would have liked to have done the Mississaugua race with my Chicago cohorts, but I just wasn't ready. Will it be too late to know if I'm ready by the time we get to September? Hope not, since Higdon's Week 13 says to run 18 miles.

Either way, no matter, because I'm committed now.

The run itself today was good. I never felt out of breath..just hot. I wore a sleeveless T, long pants, and a windbreaker. I didn't particularly need a windbreaker, but had it to carry a couple of things. I couldn't find the thing to hold my water bottle either. Felt totally unprepared. It was slightly breezy, but sunny and about 13C. The iPod strapped to arm played 16 of 18 songs of my Fastest 10K 2006 mix I created two weeks ago, specifically for the Sporting Life 10K down Yonge Street. It didn't play Man in Motion, my instant adrenaline rush...which was slightly disappointing. But I was finished the run/walk in exactly 1 hour. Those are my shoes above. I'm sitting in front of my soon-to-be house, resting.
It's 7K to my new home ONE WAY. My sister and brother-in-law live somewhat close by to the new home. I stopped by and we hung out, got Lick's Nature burgers; discussed a buck & doe we'll be organizing for our cousin, who's getting married the week after I come back from Chicago (she had set the date for the same weekend as the Chicago marathon after I'd already signed up. I'm so grateful that she is so supportive of my mission.. and she moved it to the week after and named me a bridesmaid.) Took the subway home.. I've had enough of this running/walking today.

Exhausted, but I'm home.

No comments: