Monday, May 22

Stay cool! ...


OK. So that would imply that I was cool to begin with. And cool I am not if I'm spending a precious rest day to play Dance Dance Revolution on a PS2. With other adults.

But here we were, killing ourselves laughing over this ridiculous game; the ridiculousness is that this is a video game, yet it's the most active video game I've ever seen because your butt is not on a couch, nor are your thumbs getting sore.

Where exercise gets fun!, the DDR website says.

That's right, there's a pad on the floor connected to the PS2 sending out commands on the TV screen as to which arrows you should step on while you're grooving to bad dance music. Although they did have Duran Duran's The Reflex. Then we found other party games on the disc, beyond the follow-the-arrows dancing... including HyperDash -- where players stomp as fast as they can on the right and left arrows, with occasional jumps to avoid pitfalls that your opponent throws at you. Or vice versa. Does this count as running? CMan claimed two world records in this game. The PS2 said so.

All I learned today is that I have no coordination.

No comments: