Today's an OnDay. A 5K OnDay. The second day of running scheduled for this week.
There's also a farewell party for a guy from the office. That means pints of delicious Kilkenny.
The choice I faced wasn't really that difficult, come to think of it. Some could argue I could do both. I could. Perhaps I would -- but if I actually had to ask someone else to point out our guest of honor, the one leaving the company, then that's probably a good sign that I shouldn't feel bad about not sending him off.
So I went straight home after work. I dawdled for awhile, surveying the sky from my window. It was grey, a very soft drizzle. I considered going outside, but chickened out. Go to the running track downstairs, I decided -- it's sheltered but it's still outside because it wraps around above the drivecourt of this condo -- or I could use the treadmill. I eventually opted for the treadmill... the running track is nice, but if there's somebody else on it, it actually feels a bit crowded. There was somebody on the track when I went downstairs. I didn't realize it was my neighbor, K, until she started waving at me when I was stretching, waiting for a treadmill to open up. The other thing about the track downstairs is that I always lose count of how many laps I've completed. It's 12.5 laps/kilometre. So 62.5 laps. There's easier ways to do this. Hello treadmill. Added bonus: it paces me.
Finished: 5.2K (the treadmill only had a mile counter.. so I couldn't quite figure out/remember what the exact equivalent would be.. so I guessed 3.25 miles... and I went a smidgen over the goal... for an average pace of 12:02/mile... for a total run time of 39:07.. two walking breaks).
2 comments:
Getting out the door is the hardest part. Way to go! -WCF
Thanks! Hopefully it'll soon become habit.
Post a Comment