Sunday, September 17

Beautiful, wasted day

It was a gorgeous day for a run. Too bad I slept through so much of the prime running hours. I guess the moviewatching finally took its toll on me. I slept 9 hours and by the time I got up, I was already late for the last minute Jays tickets that fell into my lap about 10 hours earlier. Then it was up to the parents. There are not enough hours in the day sometimes.
I haven't missed any long runs til now. But I intend to make up for it tomorrow, which sucks, not just because it's a rest day, but because it'll have to be after work and rain is in the cards. Gak.

I've noticed my mental game has started to break down a little, having lost focus, and probably fitness, all last week. I'm signed up for a half-marathon race next weekend and am just a wee bit nervous about the consequences of a paltry running effort. I'm sure I'll be fine, it's just butterflies, just like I get before any test such as a job interview.

Week 12 tally: 17.14 mi
Week 13 tally: 2.65mi. Yes, that's right. One outing all week. Ouch.

Training to date
: 307.43mi/494.76K

No comments: