Thursday, September 14

Movies are winning

As plans go, they've changed since my declared plan from a week ago. Because I want them to. So far, the movies are winning out. They've taken precendence over everything. I have not run since Sunday, which means my feet have not seen a running shoe in days. I have eaten poorly, at times subsisting entirely on granola bars. I've had more to drink in the past week than probably what I had all summer (which, in truth, isn't a lot). I have forgone sleep (Why am I up now? This is not helping the bags that seem to be permanent under my eyes the last few days.) And, frankly, my ears are still ringing a bit from seeing Flipper, one of the original punk bands from the early 80s, at a party related to the TIFF flick "American Hardcore".
I'm taking half the day off. I should use that time to run a little bit. Or perhaps sleep. But it's most likely that I'll be hanging out at the theatres. Movie count is up to 18 now. That sentence should read "distance this week is at 18mi", but then, that would be a lie.

Well, at this point, the week feels pretty unsalvageable. Do I feel guilty? Of course. Will I do anything to fix it? Nope, not this week. I'm basically saying screw the training this week. I'll pick it up next week, gladly, and I'll attempt that long run on Sunday knowing that my laziness this week will pretty much hurt me. Hard.

3 comments:

yumke said...

I'm jealous! I watched a movie at home earlier this week. does that count? good luck withthe long run..

Triseverance said...

Movies, what are those?? You will be fine. Not better but fine. Life needs to get in the way sometimes otherwise others will start to whisper words like, obsessed and strange. Hey wait.....how do I know this....

Anonymous said...

Toast