Monday, September 18

Lost track, off track, but not derailed

Because I haven't been keeping up with the program, so to speak, I somehow lost track of which week I was on, and oops, I just realized that I was supposed to do EIGHTEEN miles for my long run in Week 13 (which ended yesterday). I guess I'm a bit off the target. No matter.

Two episodes of The Simpsons, one of Frasier, half a Cheers, and about 2 minutes of MuchMusic helped me through 8miles on the dreadmill this afternoon after work, and that's about as much as I could stand running towards my reflection. I was too pansy to go outside with rain threatening, and so I ducked underground to the gym. So I didn't do 18 mi. At least I did 8 mi. I could have done none, because let's be honest, that was a real possibility. Small victory.

1 comment:

yumke said...

Little steps.. maybe run the half next week, then do a few more miles.. ;)