Saturday, September 23

One day before half-mary

I thought briefly about heading back downtown this morning to join John "The Penguin" Bingham and John Stanton, founder of the Running Room, 9am, lead the International Friendship Run (3K), followed by a good dose of last-minute inspiration and refreshments. Then head to the race expo for more cereal or something. But no, bed was a better option for me this morning.
Eventually I went on my own around midmorning. Dressed inappropriately -- I had long sleeved dri-fit, totally misjudging the humidity -- but was too lazy to go back inside and change. Anyways, I didn't suffer too much. Just a big 2-mi circle around my neighborhood.
I'm looking forward to spaghetti for dinner, a great night's sleep before getting up at 5AM tomorrow. There will be no staying up late for UFC 63.

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh wow! The Penguin was there!??! He's like my running guru! I would have love to just see him from far away... I should live in T.O!

Good luck on the half tomorrow! Hopefully, it won't rain, is it a pavement race?

jellypepper said...

thanks for the good wishes.
i heard the penguin speak a little bit during the expo when i was looking for more cereal. he was a funny guy, sounds just like what i imagined based on his writings.

i hope it doesn't rain.